We’re hosting our monthly dinner club this month on New Years’ Eve. Instead of making a full sit-down dinner, I’m going to go with nosh-your-way-through-the-night apps. Our dinner club “rules” are that another couple brings dessert and everyone else brings wine. Here’s what I’m thinking I’ll serve:
– DIY Ham Sliders. Hubs got a nice frozen honey smoked ham from a client for Christmas. I’ll slice it up and set it out with rolls, cheese, spicy mustard, mayo, and some fun random jellies (raspberry jalepeno!)
– Cheese Tray. Assorted aged cheese, artisan crackers, salamis, golden raisins, capers, olives, red grapes, mango chutney, and local honey. My kind of heaven.
– Bacon-Wrapped French Green Beans. Wrap em’ up, sprinkle with brown sugar and bake to slightly crisped perfected.
– Chips and Garlic Tomato Salsa.
– Cowboy Caviar. Texas-style black eyed peas for good luck in the new year!
– Crunchy Romaine Salad. A delish family recipe that I’ll share in the coming days.
– Rudolph’s Tipsy Spritzers. Complete with a festive ribbon tied on the decanter, of course!
What are your New Years’ Eve plans? What traditions do you have to ring in the new year?